Golden Star Ferries
Golden Star Ferries operates seasonal ferry services in Greece, connecting the mainland with the Cyclades Islands in the Aegean Sea, an archipelago which includes the popular holiday destinations Mykonos and Santorini. This website was converted to WordPress from a PHP based site. The client wanted the same design and same functionality of the pages as the older website had.
- The home page was partly built using custom fields and Visual Composer so that the client can change the layout in the future whenever they want.
- All the pages have a traditional website layout with a sidebar on the right and content to the left.
- The tickets to the ferries can be booked through many offices. The client had an Excel file which had details of about 500 ticketing offices. A Custom Post Type was used to enter the data for the offices. All the offices were imported into the database using an Import from CSV plugin so that the client does not have to enter them manually.
- The booking for the ferries are done through an external source. The form was integrated to the website where users can fill out their trip details and get redirected to their booking portal.
- The ticketing page has an AJAX search, where users can select State/City and get the ticketing offices list based on their selections.